Friday 7 October 2011

little blue guy...I love you .......

it has been a little crazy around here these past weeks, the heatwave, shed distractions, another birthday, lots of lego, lego cake....(pressure!) lego party (more pressure!).......school decisions...(even more pressure!)
...... in the midst of it all I find a creepy little cupboard which is just the right size for holding my faberdashery....so I find my tins of paint...trying to remember that I was to use up left-over paint to save pennies....

 
but after 3 different colours....it still wasn't right so I pop in to Mr H's shed (yes he works in a shed too!) to have a little moan........and spot this little guy :) .......then I remember the fab photo above  in MM 's first issue and I'm in the car on the way to the diy store before you can say 'thunderbirds are go!' 
 
 
 finally after a lot of rubbing, sanding and huffing (and worse)  I repainted it, finished the insides with a pretty vintage wallpaper and some fabric and filled it with my little trims and notions :)
 
 


it was obviously always meant to be this colour .....



and as for Mr Tracy well he was obviously always meant to live with me :)

wishing you a happy autumn sun filled weekend
x x x x x x x x x x